Great interior design is not just about how a home looks, but how it feels, and the atmosphere that it creates. You’ll want to design a home that makes you feel cozy, relaxed, and peaceful, so how exactly can you do this? The best thing to do is to work on expressing your personality through your interior design and decor. To help you to do just that, take a look at these four simple hints and tips.
1 . Use Artwork
Choosing artwork that you love, or that means something to you, is one of the best ways to express your personality through your home. Before you start shopping, you’ll want to define which kind of style represents you best, whether it’s quirky pop art, minimal photography, or an abstract sculpture. To shop for beautiful artwork online, try checking out the following apps:
- Saatchi Art: Here, you can shop for a wide range of gorgeous artwork, including sculptures, original drawings, and paintings. Using the nifty augmented reality feature, you can even check if the art piece suits your house.
- Wydr: The Wydr app accepts a huge range of artist sellers so that you can find some truly unique pieces at affordable prices. You can set your filters according to price, style, or size to find the art piece of your dreams.
- Plenty Of Photographs
Adding plenty of photographs is one of the easiest ways to express your personality in your decor. Beautiful pictures of your family and friends will give a sense of warmth to the house, allowing you to create a cozy atmosphere. You could even try having your favourite photographs printed onto cushions or large canvases.
- Your Favourite Colors
When choosing your interior color schemes, choose your favorite colors, or use color psychology to create the atmosphere you are looking for. Color psychology is based on the idea that certain colors provoke certain feelings and moods. Here are a few examples:
- Yellow: The color yellow symbolizes happiness, positivity, and energy. Choosing yellow color schemes can help you to create an uplifting mood and even enhance creativity. A yellow interior will brighten up your home in no time.
- Green: The color green represents the natural world, good luck, and tranquility. Using green in decor supposedly creates a calming and peaceful atmosphere.
- Upcycling & Crafts
Looking to inject some serious personality into your home? What better way to do so than making a few of your own homeware and decorative items. Arts and crafts and upcycling is a fantastic way to improve your home, and there are several craft apps that you can use for ideas.
- CraftGawker: Using this app, you can browse thousands of arts and crafts projects to get all the inspiration you need. Whether you’re looking to make some DIY vases or a decorative wall display, CraftGawker has got plenty of ideas.
- Recyclart: Want to learn how to make brand new items out of your old junk? Recyclart has got plenty of options to help you go green and make some gorgeous homeware items.
Expressing your personality in your home is all about choosing objects that you love. Whether you want to add character to your home with unique furniture, or simply add your favorite flowers, there are plenty of ways to make a house a home.