We clean our homes so that we can live in a tidy, clutter free environment that smells good. We don’t clean (mostly) because we enjoy it. We clean because without it, we live in a cesspool. And no one wants to live in a cesspool. A clean and tidy and organised home isn’t just good for the environment and it’s not just to make it easy to find what you need; it’s going to be a necessity for your health.
Yes, believe it or not, a dirty home is a negative thing for your health. You want to be able to breathe easy in your own home, and you want to feel relaxed and happy. It’s so much easier to do that when you have a good cleaning session. When you declutter the house and get your skip from Sheridan Skips, there’s a feeling of accomplishment because you’ve done a job well done. The same can be said for your cleaning needs. Below, we’ve got five reasons regularly clearing your house is good for your health.
- You’ll reduce the number of allergens in the air. When you clean regularly, you are removing dust, dirt and mould in the air and making the air that you breathe cleaner as a result. If you dust from the top of the room down with a damp cloth, you’re going to make sure that the dust from the top settles at the bottom. This will then make it easier to clean as you move down the room.
- You will feel much less stress. Cleaning can be considered exercise, and because of the result of a clean and tidy house, you’ll feel so much less stress for the mess in your home won’t be there anymore. You will physically exert yourself while you have the therapy of cleaning happening all at once.
- You will be in a better mood. Let’s be honest, there’s something super satisfying about walking into a very clean kitchen isn’t there? You will feel happier because of being more relaxed, too. This will be easier to achieve with smaller, more manageable cleaning jobs that you can complete in a realistic timeline. Cleaning your home will put you in a really good mood and it’s not easy to get out of that mood.
- You’ll be able to focus on working from home. Whether you are cleaning the carpets or washing the floors, you need to think about how you focus when working from home. If you can concentrate better, you’re going to have a better time at your job, too. The knock-on effect of your cleaning efforts means that you will do better at work – winning!
- You will be less sick. A dirty house can make you feel ill. If your house is covered in clutter and dirt, you’ll be more likely to come down with an illness. You’ll reduce bacteria when you clean and get rid of dust. Doing this can help you to breathe better, take on fewer colds and stop feeling so run down.