Now, the question is, what is the best way to clean a toilet? The answer is pretty simple and is explained in a few simple steps below. Follow these steps to get a clean, stain-free, odorless, and germ-free toilet.
Cleaning the Seat
- Spray disinfectant or non-bleach toilet spray on the seat, lid, and under the seat.
- Let it rest for a while, and scrub the seat and the lid with a sponge.
- After this, pour the cleaning liquid over the bolts and hinges and leave it for some time.
- Use an old toothbrush to scrub the hard-to-reach places and the lid.
- Wipe the liquid off with a towel.
- Repeat the process to get better results if you still find some stains.
Cleaning Discolored Toilet Seats
Out-of-sight urine stains, when found on toilet seats, can be very embarrassing. You can use bleach to remove the germs, but the stains are quite rigid. In case you wonder how to clean yellow stains on toilet seats, here are some simple steps that can be followed.
- Spray toilet cleaner on the seat and let it settle for some time.
- After a while, wipe off the area with a towel.
- Mix one-fourth cup of baking soda in a half-cup water bowl. Apply this paste over the stained regions.
- Let the paste settle on these areas for 15 minutes.
- Scrub the stained areas with a soft cloth to avoid scratches on the seat.
- Repeat the process till the stains are gone.
- Rinse the seat properly and allow it to dry.
Cleaning Brown Stained Toilets
The brown stains usually visible inside the toilet bowl are due to the leftover iron oxide deposits. Easy steps to get rid of them:
- Pour at least two liters of vinegar inside the toilet bowl and let it stay overnight.
- Or, use a toothbrush to apply a paste of vinegar and salt over the stained areas.
- Let this paste settle for a few hours, and then flush it.
Cleaning Yellow Stained Bowls
Yellow stains in toilet bowls are mostly embarrassing and are over-prominent. You can get baking soda, vinegar, a toilet brush, and a towel to remove these stains from your toilet bowl. Do as directed to get the best results.
- Sprinkle some baking soda over the yellow region and scrub it with a toothbrush.
- After this, pour some vinegar over the scrubbed region and allow it to stay for 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse the bowl with clean water.
- Repeat the process if you can still see some stains.
Cleaning in Minutes
Wondering how to clean these toilet seats in a few minutes? There you go.
- Pour some vinegar into the bowl.
- Use a brush to spread it throughout the bowl.
- Pour some baking soda and vinegar over the stained area, and allow it to rest for a while.
- Scrub the inside sections of the bowl with a brush, and flush it.
Do you follow the need to disinfect toilet seats, remove stains and mold, and make them less infected? Cleanliness in toilets is a prerequisite to a healthy body. Apart from health concerns, a stained toilet seat is an embarrassment. You must adhere to some cleaning tips to get a better hygienic toilet with germ-free and odorless usage.